Onto the high fives from this week!
- Bailey ran her first full mile last night! She was a lot happier than she looks in this picture, I promise! I'm so proud. And boy, did it feel good to run again.
- Before heading down to the beach with my friends, I spent more time with my family going through old things. Lots of the stuff I went through included pictures and drawings from when my sister and I were little. The memories associated with many of the things we found are priceless and I'm so thankful to my mother for saving and cherishing so much from our childhood.
- Getting out of town definitely makes my top-five list from this week. It was great to spend some time with my friends, go on an adventure and see the ocean. Even though we couldn't lay out in the sand, the trip was still just what I needed: rejuvenating and fun.
- After a nearly two-week hiatus, I've started back with Insanity. I allowed the holidays to throw me off, but y'all better believe I'm back at it! Diggin deep.
- Finally, today is my first time participating in Laura's "Strange But Good" link up! I got home from the beach on Wednesday and my mom had a "strange but good" meal for me to eat. I just knew I had to share it. Little does she know she's being featured, but here we go...
superstitiousmom that she is though, she saved me some. But it looked different this year... She mashed it all together. Peas of plenty mixed with celery, carrots and diced up high-on-the-hog ham.
I took her #strangebutgood creation up a notch and added greens to the mix when I had leftovers for dinner last night. It may look disgusting, but it was seriously good. I actually mix together beans, veggies and rice pretty frequently and enjoy "bean bowls," so this New Years Tradition Bowl was right up my alley. Way to create an awesome #strangebutgood, Lucky Mama!!
Before you go, tell me:
What were your high-five from this week?