Mini Chicken Bakes
Prep time: 15 mins (hands on); 30 mins (hands off)
Cook time: 15-18 minsServes: 6-8 adults, 12 kids
To make Mini Chicken Bakes, you'll need the following ingredients:
- 3 packages of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (16 crescent rolls total)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 large broccoli crown
- 2 small yellow squash
- 8oz sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-2 tbsp mayo (or Earth Balance mayo)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken breasts in a baking pan and add chicken broth. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from oven and allow to cool. Discard broth.
- While chicken is cooling, chop broccoli into bite-sized pieces and grate squash. Combine in a large bowl.
- Grate cheddar cheese into the veggie mixture. Combine well. Add mayo and again combine until mixed completely.
- By now, the chicken should be cool enough to shred with two forks (or slice into bite-sized pieces with a knife). Once chicken is in bite-sized pieces, add to veggie and cheese mixture and combine well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (grease if using foil). Roll crescent rolls out onto baking sheet. The rolls are divided into triangles, but you will use two rolls per chicken bake, which means you are using a rectangle. Each set of 8 crescent rolls will make 4 mini bakes.
- Gently pinch the perforation between the two crescent rolls together and then fill with 1/3 cup of the chicken and veggie mixture. Gently fold the edges of the roll over the top of the filling and pinch the edges together.
- Bake four at a time for 15-18 minutes each, until the crescent dough is golden brown. Serve hot!
If you're interested in making these vegetarian, I think they'd do great if you subbed baked tofu for the chicken! You could also amp up the veggie content and add flavor with diced onions and minced garlic. Let me know if you try it!
Along with our Chicken Bake, my girlfriends and I enjoyed salad, wine and the Bachelor while the puppies played their little hearts out.
And after all of that, things got sinful and we ate this:
Cookie dough crusted Oreo cheesecake with a Heath Bar and Twix topping. #sorryimnotsorry
PS How crazy were those tricks on the Bachelor last night? Yikes.
Happy Tuesday, y'all!