Though I've been slightly absent from blogging, I've still been living life. Despite challenges and loss, I can't help but feel grateful. Life consistently presents us with challenges and struggles. It is up to us to keep a positive attitude and carry on with a smile on our face. Concentrating on the wonderful things in life despite difficulties is my secret to happiness. Here are my high five from the last little while:
- Your support coupled with the outpouring of love I've had from my incredible group of friends. I couldn't continue blogging regularly without a tribute to my wonderful grandfather. The right words took a few days to come, and what a blessing that they came in time to honor him on his birthday. The support that poured out from the community truly overwhelmed me. Thank you all for your kind words. They mean more to me and my family than you'll ever know.
- I got to go to Body Works this week!! Mom and Dad inadvertently ended up keeping Bailey on Monday and Tuesday evenings, so I took advantage of the free time and hit up my favorite Body Works class at the gym. Hurts so good!
- Panera's hidden menu. Specifically the Power Chicken Hummus bowl. That salad saved my diet this week (but I finally made it to the store last night! Three cheers!).
- Getting to spend time with my family. The circumstances certainly were difficult, but celebrating a life so well lived and seeing all the people he loved whom I love as well was such an incredible blessing.
- The beginning of Lent. Each year, I appreciate this season to reflect. It reminds me of the kind of person I strive to be, why I strive to be that way and reconnects me with my faith. This year, I gave up sugar (yes, all of it except natural sugar from fruit...) and I can't wait to share the journey with y'all! I have the feeling some creative recipes might come along when I get desperate! One that I found today that I'm excited to try is this Turtle Chia Pudding from Alissa. Dates have been my saving grace since Wednesday (I have an incessant sweet tooth!) and they were even on sale at the grocery store yesterday! Sometimes it's the little things... ;)
As my joyful Grandfather would say, "Happy Day" everyone! Happy, happy day.
Enjoy your weekend!